November 17, 2009Doug Hadden
FreeBalance participated in XIV International Congress of CLAD on State Reform and Public Administration during the week of October 26. The event took place in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. The Latin American Center of Administration for Development (CLAD) mission is to promote the analysis and sharing of experiences and knowledge surrounding the State reform and the modernisation of Public Management, through specialized international meetings, publications, providing documentation and information services, studies and researches and the execution of joined technical activities between the member countries and other regions.
The event attracted more than 2,000 participants and included more than 50 exhibitors. The XIV International Congress of CLAD on State Reform and Public Administration event featured 123 interactive panels and speeches from government officials and subject matter experts from each Latin American country, Spain and Portugal.
The theme for the event was State Reform and Public Administration. Panel discussions focused on the following topics:
- The interdisciplinary approach and intersectorial coordination in the management of complex public administration
- The pursuit of excellence in public administration through the quality and management for results of development
- Advances towards the professional merit and the flexibility of management systems in public service management / civil service
- Training managers and Government officials operating the success of the action of Government
- Values, norms and public ethics instruments to ensure good governance in Latin America
- Electronic government for popular participation and development management
The speeches and panel discussions examined the application of public administration practices to address Latin America inequalities and improve the quality of life. The sessions emphasized the public policies, lessons and experiences that should be replicated all across the countries in the region. The public management panels focused on the ability for governments to advance sustainable socio-economic development while strengthening government image and value. These sessions highlighted the need for citizen centric solutions for government transparency providing access to the use of public funds. Several panels also focused on decentralization and local governments experiences in Latin America.
Conference attendees recognized FreeBalance as a leading global provider of software solutions for public financial management. FreeBalance attracted hundreds of attendees to satellite information sessions to showcase the benefits of developing reliable custom government solutions using the recently announced FreeBalance Accountability Platform. The FreeBalance Accountability Platform is a low risk, proven, approach for developing modern public financial management solutions. FreeBalance demonstrated how the FreeBalance Accountability Platform can be used to rapidly develop custom government solutions that integrate and mashup information from different applications across different institutions to foster innovation, collaboration, and transparency.
The event was very well organized and well attended. The city Salvador is also known as Brazil’s capital of happiness due to its easygoing population and countless popular outdoor parties, including its street carnival. Brazil’s reputed passion for entertainment and the cultural experiences of Salvador made for the perfect setting and environment for the XIV International Congress of CLAD on State Reform and Public Administration event.
Latest posts by Doug Hadden (see all)
- Smart and Open Government News Digest - October 8, 2017
- Country Development and Public Financial Management News Digest - October 6, 2017
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability News Digest - October 6, 2017
- GovTech and GRP News Digest - October 6, 2017