December 9, 2013Doug Hadden
Conference to Bring the Latest Good Practices in Managing Public Finances
Washington D.C., USA (December 6, 2013) – FreeBalance, a leading vendor of Government Resource Planning (GRP) software, is pleased to announce attendance at the 2013 Winter International Consortium on Governmental Financial Management (ICGFM) Conference. The theme of the conference is PFM Innovations. It takes place in Washington DC hosted by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) from December 9 to 11.
ICGFM conferences typically attract PFM professionals and practitioners from more than 30 countries. The conference sub-themes are:
- Innovative approaches to managing resources including performance and results
- Emerging international standards and guidelines
- Addressing the human resources aspect of public financial management
- Methods of accountability including internal and external audit and social media
- Country case studies
- Expanding the use of E-Government to improve efficiency, effectiveness and transparency
Premier global PFM professionals are attracted to speak at ICGFM conferences. The Winter Conference includes speakers, discussants and session moderators including:
- Matt Andrews of the Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Doris de Miranda Coutinho, Court of the State of Tocantins – Brazil
- David Nummy, William Dorotinsky, Jay-Hyung Kim, Anand Rajaram, Adrian Fozzard and Nicola Smithers of the World Bank Group
- Xavier Debrun, Richard Hughes, Johannes Mueller of the IMF
- Daniel Altman of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Fawad Gilani, Saad Rashid, and Muhammad Ali Taj of Transparency International Pakistan
- Jim Wright of Evans Incorporated
- Jason Levergood and Julia Rollison of Grant Thornton
- Manuel Pietra of FreeBalance
ICGFM and Grant Thornton will be releasing the results of the ICGFM Global Financial Management Leaders Survey Report: PFM Reform in a Period of Global Adjustment at the conference. The survey interviewed PFM professional from 51 countries.
FreeBalance will be live tweeting (@freebalance) and blogging during the conference. Manuel Pietra, FreeBalance President and CEO, and the current President of ICGFM said: “FreeBalance is committed to the transfer of knowledge and good PFM practices across the global community as part of our mission of improving governance.”
FreeBalance helps governments around the world leverage robust Government Resource Planning (GRP) technology to accelerate country growth. FreeBalance software solutions for public financial and human resource management support reform and modernization to improve governance, transparency and accountability. Good governance is required to improve development results. FreeBalance solutions are active in 22 countries managing more than a quarter trillion ($US) in annual budgets worldwide. For more information, visit the FreeBalance website.
Working globally with governments, organizations, and individuals, the International Consortium on Governmental Financial Management (ICGFM) is dedicated to improving financial management by providing opportunities for professional development and information exchange. The ICGFM was established over two decades ago to serve as an international forum for public sector financial managers. More at www.icgfm.org.
Latest posts by Doug Hadden (see all)
- Smart and Open Government News Roundup - July 25, 2017
- Public Financial Management and Country Development News Roundup - July 25, 2017
- Government Technology and Government Resource Planning News Roundup - July 25, 2017
- Corporate Social Responsibility News Roundup - July 24, 2017