November 26, 2010Doug Hadden
Doug Hadden, VP Products
FMI PD Week ends today. As always, interesting. And, a signpost for change in the Canadian Federal Governments. Here are some observations:
- The theme of risk and control generated many interesting discussions. The increase in financial control was sited by many speakers as limiting innovation and improvements in productivity.
- FMI did not tweet this year because of the lack of uptake last year. That didn’t stop us from tweeting and creating a hash tag #fmipd10.
- Government 2.0 was not a major topic of conversation. (Perhaps this explains the lack of interest in Twitter.) Nevertheless, my presentation: The Emperor has no Clothes: Risk and Results in an Increasingly Transparent Government 2.0 World was well-attended. (The presentation uploaded to Slideshare was a daily favourite and had some retweets).
- The development of a performance culture in government and the use of performance management techniques was very evident this year. Many public servants found lessons learned to be valuable. Although, based on my presentation last year, there does not seem to be a recogntion that Government 2.0 is critical for Government Performance Management.
- There were many excellent keynote speakers. Senator Jacques Demers, a former hockey coach, had attendees spellbound with his lessons on leadership, constant learning, growth and team building. Robert Blain of Cirque du Soleil had compelling thoughts of how Corporate Social Responsibility and strong values can lead to growth and profitability.
The following two tabs change content below.
Doug is responsible for identifying new global markets, new technologies and trends, and new and enhanced internal processes. Doug leads a cross-functional international team that is responsible for developing product prototypes and innovative go-to-market strategies.
Latest posts by Doug Hadden (see all)
- Citizen Trust: Driver for Smart Government Initiatives - January 13, 2017
- 2017: The Year that Government Leaps beyond ERP? - January 12, 2017
- Government Digital Transformation 2017 - January 11, 2017
- Smart Cities: Promise and Challenge of the Internet of Things - January 11, 2017