June 1, 2010Doug Hadden
FreeBalance helps governments around the world leverage robust Government Resource Planning (GRP) technology to accelerate country growth. FreeBalance software solutions for public financial and human resource management support reform and modernization to improve governance, transparency and accountability. Good governance is required to improve development results.
Founded in 1984, FreeBalance is a for-profit-social-enterprise (FOPSE) company headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with international sales, support and development. FreeBalance solutions have been implemented in countries across the globe, including Canada, United States, Sierra Leone, Guyana, Pakistan, Mongolia, Afghanistan, Antigua & Barbuda, Timor-Leste, Republic of Kosovo, Palestine, Panama, and Uganda.
FreeBalance is currently seeking 2 Interns in Washington for a period of 3 months during June – September 2010.
The interns will work closely with the Marketing department to support FreeBalance activities. During this internship you will participate and support the following activities.
· Update position and branding
· Web 2.0 social networking (blog, wikis, Slideshare, YouTube etc)
· New web collateral
· Proposal responses and updating response templates
· Regional and country research for business development
· Product requirement gathering
· Conference and event support
· Product documentation
· Market, technology and customer research
· 3rd year students enrolled or recent graduates in a discipline of either Political Science, Economics/Finance, or a related field
· Excellent writing and editing skills in English
To apply for this position, please send us an email with your cover letter and resume.
Latest posts by Doug Hadden (see all)
- Technology to Speed Development in Emerging Economies - November 13, 2017
- Smart and Open Government News Digest - October 8, 2017
- Country Development and Public Financial Management News Digest - October 6, 2017
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability News Digest - October 6, 2017