September 8, 2016Doug Hadden
Is Public Financial Management the core for smart government? That’s the argument that I’ve been making this past week.
PFM reform is integral to smart government. Many governments cannot take advantage of smart technologies without reform.
PFM reform enables smart government processes through:
- Multiple year planning to consider long-term outcomes
- Accrual accounting to calculate the real value: expenditures, economic value-add, climate finance and revenue improvement
- Program budgeting to classify Smart Government initiatives across Ministries, Departments, Agencies and tiers of government for effective tracking
- Results-based budgeting to compare objectives with results
Latest posts by Doug Hadden (see all)
- Country Development and Public Financial Management News Roundup - August 16, 2017
- Is FreeBalance the Most Financial Sustainable Government Resource Planning Software? - August 16, 2017
- GovTech and GRP News Roundup - August 15, 2017
- Smart and Open Government News Roundup - August 15, 2017