September 8, 2016Doug Hadden
Is Public Financial Management the core for smart government? That’s the argument that I’ve been making this past week.
PFM reform is integral to smart government. Many governments cannot take advantage of smart technologies without reform.
PFM reform enables smart government processes through:
- Multiple year planning to consider long-term outcomes
- Accrual accounting to calculate the real value: expenditures, economic value-add, climate finance and revenue improvement
- Program budgeting to classify Smart Government initiatives across Ministries, Departments, Agencies and tiers of government for effective tracking
- Results-based budgeting to compare objectives with results
Latest posts by Doug Hadden (see all)
- Smart and Open Government News Roundup - July 25, 2017
- Public Financial Management and Country Development News Roundup - July 25, 2017
- Government Technology and Government Resource Planning News Roundup - July 25, 2017
- Corporate Social Responsibility News Roundup - July 24, 2017