March 15, 2011Doug Hadden
Doug Hadden, VP Products
Big day at the first International CIPFA Conference in London on trust and accountability in government. Some excellent session so far with dynamic speakers. (Follow the FreeBalance twitter feed for more.) And, the opportunity to present lessons learned in FreeBalance implementations around the world.
The key problem addressed is how to overcome the high failure rate in government integrated financial management system implementations. The following presentation includes all speaking notes and extra slides (including screen shots from the Timor-Leste transparency portal).
- Perfect is the enemy of good.
- Sustainability means adapting to reform after implementation.
- Traditional software model does not work for developing countries.
Latest posts by Doug Hadden (see all)
- 4 Reasons why Corporate Social Responsibility becomes Strategic in 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Massive Urbanization & Power Shift to Cities - January 19, 2017
- Governments Challenged by “The Future of Work” in 2017. - January 18, 2017
- Citizen Wellbeing: a Smart City Objective - January 17, 2017