January 19, 2011Doug Hadden
FreeBalance international customers were asked about sustainability in the recent customer survey. Sustainability is a key problem because financial systems need to be financially sustainable. We believe that vendors like FreeBalance should governments achieve self-sufficiency. The lack of sustainability in government financial management systems has been shown as a key problem in maintaining Public Financial Management (PFM) reform.
The FreeBalance customer survey showed that:
- Vast majority of FreeBalance customers consider the FreeBalance Accountability Suite sustainable
- Most FreeBalance customers are self-sufficient for normal operations
- Most FreeBalance customers are no self-sufficient for complex operations
What are these Complex Operations?
The complex operations that many FreeBalance customers require assistance include:
- Major version upgrades
- IT infrastructure tuning
- Complex business process re-engineering
- Decentralization of software to sub-national governments
What is FreeBalance doing about sustainability?
FreeBalance is using different strategies to improve sustainability:
- Optimized and simple product footprint to reduce IT burden
- Capacity building and e-learning built into the software
- Mentoring by FreeBalance staff
- Local hiring of FreeBalance employees and local office to facilitate knowledge transfer
- Knowledge and document management solutions
The FreeBalance Customer Survey
The FreeBalance Customer Survey helps achieve a very important company mission: public financial management knowledge transfer, as a For Profit Social Enterprise (FOPSE). It also helps us improve customer-centric processes by gauging satisfaction and measuring trends.
More results of the FreeBalance Customer Survey will be presented on this blog during the FreeBalance International Steering Committee conference in Madeira Portugal. Many of the items on the agenda are built from the survey, so discussions here in Madeira will add more context to the survey results.
Latest posts by Doug Hadden (see all)
- Smart and Open Government News Digest - October 8, 2017
- Country Development and Public Financial Management News Digest - October 6, 2017
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability News Digest - October 6, 2017
- GovTech and GRP News Digest - October 6, 2017