April 22, 2013Doug Hadden
Please join FreeBalance at the ICGFM 27th Annual International Training Conference – ‘Good Public Financial Management Practices in a Period of Global Adjustment’
Sunday, May 19 – Friday, May 24, 2013, Miami, Florida – USA
ICGFM Traning Conferences are gatherings of financial management practitioners to discuss the financial reforms and methods available to better serve their citizens. Representatives from Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean and North America share their practical experiences in meeting the challenges of the 21st Century.
Key themes of this conference include:
- Innovative approaches to managing resources including performance and results
- Uses of international standards
- Addressing the human resources aspect of public financial management
- Methods of accountability including internal and external audit and social media
- Country case studies
- Expanding the use of E-Government to improve efficiency and effectiveness
Training – Education – Professional Development
- Exchange experience with other PFM leaders
- Receive training on key PFM practices
- Learn from peers how to successfully implement reform
- Consider the views of leading experts on the latest trends in PFM
Five years after the beginnings of the global financial crisis, economic adjustments continue to take place. ICGFM will explore both the proactive measures that have taken place as well as the responses that have been undertaken to manage through this period of adjustment. This overall theme will frame the focus of the upcoming international conference.
Who should attend:
Senior and mid-level public officials responsible for any part of the PFM cycle, from planning to audit and evaluation; Academics and private sector representatives who follow the PFM profession.
The conference program will include speakers from a variety of countries on subjects related to the conference theme. Interested participants are encouraged to register early to take advantage of the discounted rate and secure a spot.
Working globally with governments, organizations and individuals, the International Consortium on Governmental Financial Management is dedicated to improving financial management so that governments may better serve their citizens.
Latest posts by Doug Hadden (see all)
- Smart and Open Government News Digest - October 8, 2017
- Country Development and Public Financial Management News Digest - October 6, 2017
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability News Digest - October 6, 2017
- GovTech and GRP News Digest - October 6, 2017