Governments around the world are struggling to find ways to improve their public expenditure management and ensure that every dollar is being spent in the most responsible way possible.
Without a fully integrated Financial Management Information System (FMIS), it’s difficult for governments to make sure that they’re using taxpayer money in the best way possible. This can lead to wasteful spending, corruption, and a host of other problems.
The FreeBalance Accountability Suite™ is the only public financial management solution designed exclusively for government and offers a number of modules that help governments manage their spending more effectively.
The FreeBalance Public Expenditure Management Solution
(PEM) Public Expenditure Management is one of the six core product pillars within the FreeBalance Accountability Suite™.
PEM manages all functions related to government spending and public expenditure control. Due to the unique needs of government – including budget and commitment controls – this exceeds typical accounts payable functionality common in the private sector.
Benefits of (PEM) Public Expenditure Management
Comprised of a number of modules that can be implemented individually or as part of a unified solution, the benefits of PEM include:
- Expenditures and Purchasing: Supports expenditure controls for standard expenditures including payment management, multiple purchasing vehicles and the purchasing cycle.
- Procurement: Supports fiscal discipline on large-scale government acquisitions including tendering, eProcurement, contract and spend management.
- Grant and Social Programs: Supports government grant, loan and contribution management.
- Budget and Commitment Controls: Ensures that all expenditures are approved and do not exceed budget or allocations set in the system.
- Purchasing Methods: Develops a range of purchasing vehicles such as local purchase orders, petty cash, open contracts, standing offers and special contracts.
- Vendor Management: Manages vendors including vendor authorization, certifications and ratings.
- Social Benefits: Supports government pensions, health care, employment insurance and welfare payments.
- Purchase Cycle: Manages the general purchase cycle including purchase requisitions, purchase orders, goods receipt and goods returned.
- Procurement: Manages government procurement including competitive tenders, tender evaluation, vendor disputes and contract management.
- Grant Management: Supports government grants, loans and contributions to individuals, educational institutions, NGOs and businesses.
- Intergovernmental Transfers: Manages transfer payments between governments.
With the FreeBalance Accountability Suite™, governments can take control of their spending and improve their public expenditure management. To learn more about how our software can help, please get in touch.