FreeBalance’s training on sequencing Public Financial Management (PFM) reforms and Financial Management Information System (FMIS) modernization enables public finance professionals to build objective PFM reform and FMIS modernization plans by leveraging the FreeBalance suite of government-centric, product-agnostic tools and methodologies.
This training is essential for anyone looking to improve their country’s financial management system and make a positive impact on governance.
Course content includes:
- The importance of public finance reforms
- How to improve a country’s performance in the Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA) assessments
- How to analyze FMIS functional and technologies capabilities
- How to develop risk-based approaches to FMIS modernization
- How to create government-centric and outcome-based PFM reform and FMIS modernization plans
- Pre-recorded introductory content
- Pre-reading material
- Optional World Bank self-paced course for PEFA familiarization
- Live lectures with comment and feedback
- Documented tools
- Live workshops
- Question and answer periods
- Collaboration among public finance professionals
- Exercises utilizing tools that are marked against a rubric supporting 75% of final marks
- Knowledge tests supporting 25% of final marks
- Sufficient time between training sessions for busy professionals to complete exercises
Finance professionals, managers and elected officials in government ministries, local governments, hospitals, schools, police forces, or any other publicly-funded organization. People working in the private sector considering a move into the public sector.
Financial Modelling in the Public Sector
Spreadsheet software has transformed the work done by accountants in many ways and makes it possible to build complicated financial models for evaluating real world situations.
ACCA Certificate in International Public Sector Accounting Standards (Cert IPSAS)
IPSAS® have been developed to enhance the quality, consistency and transparency of public sector financial reporting worldwide.
ICGFM Foundation Course in Public Financial Management
This Public Financial Management (PFM) course offers an eLearning experience developed by PFM professionals with decades of experience in more countries than we can mention.