The budget planning process is a crucial part of the budget cycle that helps to balance the government’s limited resources with its competing policy priorities. A well-functioning budget planning process promotes fiscal discipline and facilitates the attainment of strategic goals. In addition, budget laws mandate the aggregation and publication of budget plans for submission to the legislature for authorization.
This course will introduce you to the budget planning process, including the concepts of Medium-Term Expenditure Frameworks and budget ceilings. You will learn how to improve budget planning through iteration with the use of budget versions and scenarios. And you will understand how to maximize fiscal discipline through the use of binding ceilings.
- Introduce the Budget Planning process
- Understand Medium-Term Expenditure Frameworks and budget ceilings
- Learn how to improve budget planning
- Explore the various functionalities of a Budget Book Builder
- Learn the various functionalities of the following FreeBalance Accountability Suite™ modules:
- (GPBB) Budget Book Builder
- (GPPB) Government Performance Budgeting
- (GPPM) Government Performance Management
- Preparing budget scenarios and versions
- Preparing budget plans in accordance with a Medium-Term Budgeting Framework
- Setting and distributing binding and non-binding ceilings
- Crafting iterative budgets through budget versions
- Publishing a Budget Book
- PFM Consultants
- GRP Consultants
- Business Analysts
- Civil Servants
- Policy Makers
Fixed Assets Management
The Fixed Assets Management module supports fixed asset accounting, depreciation, custody transactions and asset transfer management. Effective asset management provides real benefits and cost savings to public sector organizations.
Budgeting and Appropriations
Executing a fiscal budget is a crucial responsibility of any government. To ensure that spending stays within the approved limits, various budget controls are put in place during the budget execution phase. The Budgeting and Appropriations course trains government officials in these vital expenditure controls.
Human Resource Management
The FreeBalance Human Resource Management (HRM) module is a comprehensive course that provides participants with a solid understanding of the features and functionalities of the FreeBalance HRM system.